Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Trot

Jake, Jake's Dad, Joel, Sammi and Sadie ran the 10K. My sisters Rachel and Amy ran the 2 mile fun run. It had been raining but during the race the weather was nice. I am guessing there were some prayers answered for good weather. The Smith Family and Julia and Brett from our ward were also in the 10K. It was fun to be at the finish line and watch them all come in. Jake ran it in 47 minutes and Sammi came in at 1:17. It was her first race so we were so excited for her. Jake has been running the Turkey Trot since we have been married so it has been fun to go each year. There were so many runners this year. I got some fun pictures. Rachel and Amy


Sadie and Sammi



The whole gang




Rebecca and Tessa





The Johnson group








4 comments:

laurie said...

Thanks so much for taking pictures. You totally saved me!

Lulu said...

hecodaIt was a fun day! You're running next year right? Ü

Supercords said...

I'll have to sign up again next year and run it with you. I guess I didn't realize it had become one of your family traditions. I'm still blown away that Sammy was able to finish. Great job!

Shane

Heather said...

Jake had a great time, and I love that Sammy ran too. Great tradition.