Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Food Storage and Prepardness Enrichment

On Saturday I went to the Enrichment activity at a sister in our wards house. They had two canners there and I canned a total of 47 cans of refried beans, potato flakes, and flour. It was nice to have a little assembly line of sisters helping eachother. They also had classes on bread making, jams, fruit tree care and cooking with beans. I came away with a bunch of good recipes and ideas. I have never been a very good bread maker and I am going to make an effort to change that. Robyn made this bean dip that she had soaked and cooked the pinto beans and then mashed them up and added cream cheese and salsa. It was so good. There was also a white bean soup cooked in the crock pot with celery, carrots and a little ham. It was really good too. It feels good to be learning new skill and working on getting closer to being prepared.

1 comment:

laurie said...

Good for you. I totally missed that, dang.