Monday, November 24, 2008

Rivas Ranch Hike




Jake took the kids Friday on an overnight hike to Rivas Ranch. He went on this hike last year and did not take Kimball and Tanner. They got to go this year and had been looking forward to this hike. One Sunday when we were driving back from Jake's parents house Jake says "Who wants to go on the "Rivas and Ruckbed" hike and of course I am the only one laughing because the kids don't get it. So it became an inside joke at our house. Kimball had no idea and he would say "Dad, I really want to go on the Rivas and Ruckbed hike". (Beavis and .....) Anyway, they went with Jake's Dad and their cousin Sadie and Jason from our ward. Rebecca sat in a cactus and had to have a few needles pulled out, ouch! They were afraid it would be cold at night but it was suprisingly warm. Jake's Dad hiked the kids out the shorter route, and Jake and Jason took the longer one. Jake said he had a hard time keeping up with Jason. The kids really enjoy this time with their Dad and it was so quiet around the house with just me and Tessa, she was a much happier baby when they got home. She seems to enjoy the company! Jake only got these two pictures.

4 comments:

laurie said...

Did you get any apples? Glade used to hike that as a scout. He is brave to take all the kids!

Lulu said...

I can't believe they took all those kids! Your kids are awesome to have done that. Jason really enjoyed himself. He loves things like that!

gena said...

I am impressed! Can't see Trevor doing that on his own free will:)

maria said...

How fun--I would love my husband to take the kids for a night...but I would send the baby! Funny side note--at a glance, the top picture looks like Mary, Amy and Rachel...it could just be me...