Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sand Dunes

We went to the Sand Dunes in Glamis over New Years. We met the Johnson's and Donn's there. I was really nervous because this was a new experience for us. Our friends Eric and Elizabeth let us use their trailer which was so nice because it has a bathroom with a shower and a heater. It got pretty cold at night so that was great. We had the best time! I felt way out of my comfort zone at first but ended up loving it. We got there on New Years Eve and spent the evening with fireworks and Sobe bombs. It was crazy! They put gasoline in Sobe bottles and put them in the fire and they build up pressure and shoot this huge fire ring in the air. I was worried with my kids but they had such a good time. Jake and I stayed up until midnight, our kids till about 9:30. They were tired and we wanted them to have fun the next day. I went to bed and Jake went up to the hill to watch California ring in the new year an hour later. The kids loved riding on the quads, and I had no idea they had such a need for speed! I went on a ride with Susan in her sand car and she is an awesome driver! She has skills! It was so fun going straight up the big hill and all over the dunes. My kids loved the sandrails, quads and rhino. It was quite a trip, with Kimball getting pulled over by the patrol and Jake getting a ticket. The little guy was so sad and he was right near our camp but because an adult wasnt right there we got an unsupervised $100 ticket. We called it a "bad parenting ticket". Tanner was watching and said to me "Is he going to jail?" We were very careful after that. My kids had been on quads before but not in the sand. It was such a fun weekend.Tessa loved watching all the action out the screen door


Kenyon was so cute with Tessa and loved playing with her


Sammi, Jake, Kimball and Ridge


Sammi was quite the driver, she flipped it twice!




Kimball, Tanner and me with Gene in the sandrail





Rebecca








Rebecca, Kenyon, Zanna and Tanner





Kimball









7 comments:

Rachel John said...

Sounds like quite a trip. You guys are so adventurous!

laurie said...

They gave you a ticket? Crazy! That must have been scary. I still can't say that sound like something I would love, but it looks like you guys had a great time!

Heather said...

oh that sounds like so much fun. Love the pictures, and sorry to hear about the ticket that totally stinks.

Supercords said...

Holy crap! We missed out as kids. I had to settle for a freakin' big wheel...

Love the pictures. Tessa is super cute looking through that screen door.

Janet said...

I am so jealous! Looks like you had a blast! Your blog is so cute Jen!

Unknown said...

That looked like so much fun!!

Shelli said...

LOVE the dunes!! HATE Sobe bombs!! So happy to hear you had a fun trip.