Friday, January 9, 2009

Dishes Duty

A few months ago we started having the girls do the dishes each night, switching off weekly with emptying the dishwasher and rinsing and putting them into the dishwasher. Kimball and Tanner clear and wipe the table. Before I did the bulk of the dishes, Jake doing them now and then. If I was tired I would leave them for the morning, and grumpy and resentful do them. So, last night when the girls were finishing off some leftover pasta after dinner Rebecca went for her own bowl and fork and Sammi said "Lets just share and then I won't have to wash another dish". I just laughed to myself because she is getting it! It has been so nice to have that help. I dont know why we didnt start years ago!

2 comments:

laurie said...

Love it! It's so different when they have to do the work. Good for you.

Lulu said...

They are getting it! Now If I could just get my kids to feel that way about the toy room.