Friday, April 24, 2009

Can I Just Vent!

Ok, so just to preface I love to have children to play over at our house. I always want to be the house that is fun to come over and play. We have two neighbor children who I feel I have been very good about having over to play on a regular basis. Yesterday, was my breaking point! Jake has been out of town all week and I had my friends kids over while they went through the temple. They were so good, not a problem! But, this neighbor girl comes over everyday and her Mom or Dad brings her so I feel like I cant say No, not today. Well, the other day I was leaving to meet with my childs teacher and had Ashley down the street come babysit since Sammi is gone to the Grand Canyon with Jake. Well, this little girl and her Dad show up and I say " I am just leaving and Ashley is babysitting" and he says "Well I am sure Ashley wouldnt mind watching one more" I am fuming, because I mind! She is over everyday and she constantly whines and tattles on my boys! Well, my breaking point came yesterday when she came over and they were all playing outside and Tanner comes crying with a bloody nose! She had whacked him in the face with these foam swords that we have. When I asked her what happened she said she didnt do it. That made me mad because all the other kids saw her do it. I was going to send her home but she came in and said she wanted to go home. I felt bad, because I am not normally that frusterated but it was a good thing because we had a great afternoon and there were no more issues. I just needed to vent about it since it has been bugging me. I feel taken advantage of sometimes like she has so many kids already what is one more! On a positive note I love to have kids over to play and I am happy to watch any of your children anytime. Truly!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I bet that felt so good. You are so nice. One of my biggest "ME" rules is that I never let myself feel pressure because my kids have a friend standing there or another adult. I will say no just because they are pressuring me.

Supercords said...

I say: "Banned for life!"

laurie said...

It's not easy, but it feels great when you get to Heather's stage. I'm almost there. I say No a lot more than I used to. You are way to nice to have her over every day anyway.

Unknown said...

Because her parents are right there is all the more reason to say, no, not today. Her parents are abusing your good nature. Sounds like they're getting free babysitting.

Tammy said...

I totally agree with what everyone else has said. Sometimes there is just that child that does not belong at your house or around your children. We've had similar things happen in the past and it's hard to say no, especially when it's the parents who are asking, but it is fine to do so. Good for you for standing up to her and doing what is best for your family! Enjoy your day today!

Lulu said...

Say it with me.... NNNOOOOOOO.

gena said...

Sometimes it just feels good to vent. Good for you! I have a hard time saying no, too.