Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trek 2011

Men's pull with Jake in the front
Women's pull (Sammi is in the orange skirt)
Water break at the wagon
Sammi and Hannah
Us, Alicen, and Melanie and Robin (awesome Ma and Pas)
Laurie and Glade Smith (the best cooks and trek friends ever)
In March during spring break Sammi, Jake and I got to partcipate in the Trek. Jake and I were an Uncle and Aunt. It was the best experience and I loved every moment of it. We really got to spend a lot of time together hiking, talking and working together. I got to see him in a different light and I am so grateful to have him as my companion. Sammi was a trooper and she is so tough. She finished the womens pull and then ran back to help the other groups. I got to wash many heads of hair men, boys, and lots of young women. It was worth it just to get my fingernails clean. We slept out in the open on large tarps and it was so nice to climb in my sleeping bag each night, just exhausted. They had so many growing experiences for the youth but the adults came away with so much too. Just awesome, I would do it again in a second. So glad I got to experience it with Jake and Sammi.

2 comments:

Helena said...

What a cool experience! Our stake is doing Trek this year--my husband is supposed to go and play his fiddle one night. I'm still trying to figure out if I can go and take pictures.

Supercords said...

Thanks for posting the photos--fun to see you guys in your pioneer get-up.