Thursday, January 14, 2010

Solome Jug Hike

Jake took the kids on a day hike last Saturday to Solome Jug Creek. He likes to find new hikes and the kids complain they dont want to go hiking sometimes ,but after they can't wait to go on another one. I stayed home with Makenna but now wish I would have gone. Next time I am going to make myself do it anyway. Sammi had her camera and took these pictures and she did a great job. I love that Jake will plan fun outdoor activities for our family. He wants our kids to be "tough" and they learn early to hike and camp. Kimball had a scuffle with a prickly bush as you can see from his face. It looks like a cat got him but he was proud of his hiking wound!Tanner on the way home all smiles!
Kimball showing off his scratches

Crazy Dad who takes five kids hiking


Tessa was all worn out



Tessa with her fruit snack




Resting time for Rebecca






























4 comments:

Tammy said...

I think that is so great that he plans and takes the kids out like that. And I think it is brave of you to let him take them all!

Amy said...

Great Pictures Sammi! That looks like a fun hike. What a pretty view of the river below.

toni said...

I need to do these kinds of things with my kids!

Supercords said...

Brings back memories of when we were kids backpacking with dad in Manzana Narrows. Thanks for posting the pics.