Thursday, February 19, 2009

P B and J Blues

At Kimball and Rebecca's school they have an extreme allergy alert for Peanut Butter. Well, this has been the staple for their lunches for so long. They have a seperate table where any child who brings peanut products has to sit to eat lunch. So, one morning I was out of lunchmeat and we were in a hurry and Rebecca says "Mom, I dont want to sit at the peanut butter table! Nobody hardly sits there!" So, we have had to get much more creative with their lunches or its the menu at school. Also, they have a share basket and when kids don't want something in their lunch they put it in the share basket. Well, Kimball is all about the share basket and the rule is you can't go get anything out of the share basket until you have eaten eveything in your own lunch. Kimball will tell me "It's no fair by the time I got my lunch finished all the good stuff was gone from the share basket!" I just think it is funny how much drama there is over lunch!

3 comments:

gena said...

I hear it, too. I don't think the kids without the allergy who bring pb&j should have to sit at the other table. Seems a little backwards to me.

Tammy said...

Wow, I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't send pb&j in their lunches at least sometimes.

laurie said...

do you remember this when we were in school, I don't. I found out one of my kids was taking an applesauce every day because I make them have a "healthy snack" in there and then he would just throw it away. So frustrating. Just eat already!