Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In the Zone

The last week or so I have been "spring cleaning" my house. I decided I would do it differently this time since dusting the whole house or wiping down all the walls is too overwhelming. So, I split my house into zones and each day I work on one zone and do that area only. It has felt so good to feel like I accomplished something. So, it took me a week and a half to get my laundry room, a bathroom, and kitchen done. With Tanner and Tessa and laundry and running kids its a work in progress!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, good for you! That is a good idea to do it in zones. My house needs some major help right now! Thanks for the inspiration.

Heather said...

zones are awesome. My sister gives her kids chores by zones. I just might try zones cleaning your way for myself.

Unknown said...

Way to go - whatever it takes - I hate cleaning and will usually do whatever I can to get out of doing it.

laurie said...

I've been trying to talk myself into spring cleaning but it is too overwhelming. I have thought of doing a room at a time, but still doesn't sound like something I actually want to do! Good for you!

Van Cott Family said...

Smart Idea! I think I will have to follow suite! I try to clean bathrooms on tues, laundry on mondays etc... But then no one whole area is clean at the same time!
--Julie

Kristina Johnson said...

OK Jen, it sounds like you are using the Fly Lady method...are you??? That's what I'm doing and I love it! If you are, I will bring you my "control journal" to show you on Sunday. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll tell you about it Sunday. She divides the house into zones and it works perfect. Talk to you soon! Kristina

Shelli said...

Clever. I just may try that.