Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Turkey Trot 2010

I ran my first 10K on Thanksgiving day. I started running about six months ago, and when I first started I could not even run a quarter mile without walking. I worked up to be able to run a mile, then two and eventually the 10K. I never was a runner, I hated running in PE and it wasnt until just recently that I now enjoy it as much as you can enjoy running. I have a great support system to encourage me of family and friends. My next race is the Ragnar Relay in February with Jake and Laurie and Glade and some of their friends and family. I know a lot of people run but to me this a great accomplishment.






7 comments:

Heather said...

totally impressed!

laurie said...

You should be proud!! And..dang you're gettin skinny!

Tammy said...

This is a great accomplishment! Congratulations! Have fun at the Ragnar Relay. Someday we'll be able to run it with you guys. Until that time I will run vicariously through you and Laurie! Congratulations again. That is really great!

Amy said...

Awesome Jen! That is a Great Accomplishment!
I hear you on hating running in P.E., Things Change :)

Supercords said...

I love that you are running and am excited to be in AZ during your Ragnar.

Allred's said...

Way to go Jen! Maybe someday I will join you. (:

Rachel John said...

Didn't know you were doing the ragnar. That's awesome!