Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Fun!

My kids love our chickens! It is so funny to watch them pick them up, carry them around, slide them down the slide and jump with them on the trampoline. I know it may sound on the side of abusive but they really are good with them. We have six that are full grown hens that just starting laying and eight chicks that we just got a few weeks ago. Our goat is so funny with them and the chickens will hop on the goats back and eat the bugs off! It has been good for our kids to have animals and to take care of them and collect the eggs.










6 comments:

gena said...

So cute! My kids would do that with our chickens when they were little but not so much anymore. What a great character builder :)

Helena said...

LOL! Awesome. We have several friends who have chickens.

When I have held chickens before, I've been fascinated by the way you can move their bodies from side to side and their heads stay in the same place.

Supercords said...

I think it's awesome your kids get to have the same experience I did growing up. I've always said chickens make the best pets. Dogs and cats are for suckers.

maria said...

I didn't realize you lived on a farm! What fun for the kids to grow up with that experience!

Amy said...

Those Pictures are hilarious, my favorite one is of Kimball ready to slide with the chicken.

Unknown said...

That is awesome how much your kids play with the chickens. Love it!!