Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baby Makenna Louisa




It has been two and a half weeks since Makenna's birth and it is crazy to think that my due date was yesterday! She was 6 pounds and 12 ounces. I am so glad that she was born early. It has been so fun to have her home and the kids all love her. Tessa has adjusted well and wants to give her lots of loves. The other day I was downstairs putting away laundry and I heard them both crying so I came up to see what was wrong and found Tessa carrying her down the hall to my bedroom. She had gotten her out of her bouncy seat and was trying to bring her to me. That was scary, so now I have to really watch her. She is sleeping pretty good and now seems to have her days and nights figured out. There were a few nights where those seemed to be mixed up. We are so happy to have our little Makenna in our family!

9 comments:

Supercords said...

Hooray for Makenna and hooray for you blogging again!

Tammy said...

Congratulations! What a cutie!

laurie said...

I ditto Supercords

maria said...

SO GREAT! Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well and recovering fast.

Amy said...

Great to hear that Makenna is sleeping better at night. She is so pretty!

gena said...

How fun! Congraulations and I wished mine would have come early like that :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! It's so fun to bring a little one home!! And I always like bringing them home a little early too! :-)

Allison Johnson said...

She is too cute! So scary when big sisters think they are big enough to pick up baby. We still have that problem. We can't wait to meet her!!

Allred's said...

She is so precious. I am glad everything went well.